Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Hey, What About Thanksgiving? Recipes and Reflections


The Halloween candy has not even hit the bargain bin yet and already the shelves are going red and green. Wait a minute. Where's Thanksgiving?

You know, the holiday created around sharing our blessings with family and friends, cherishing what you have, not shopping for more? Oh yeah. That doesn't sell on the store shelves. And that is exactly why Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. That, and it's a holiday with FOOD.

I will be working on a new menu for this year, but below are my favorites that I made for the last couple Thanksgiving meals. I hope you and your family are blessed this holiday season.

Thanksgiving Recipes:

Apple, Sausage and Sage Stuffing
Cauliflower, Chard and Leek Gratin
Cranberry Applesauce

Basil-Orange Sweet Potatoes
Sweet Potato and Aged Gouda Gratin with Sage and Thyme
Roasted Green Beans
Best Ever Real Green Bean Casserole
Vanilla-Sweet Potato Pie with Pecan-Brown Sugar Crust
Red-wine Caramel Apple Tart with Gorgonzola on a Walnut Crust
Roasted Fig and Pear Crumble

Fall Menu Side Dishes
Roasted Whole Pumpkin with Gruyere
Winter Risotto
Balsamic-Glazed Carrots
Sesame Kale
Polenta Cakes with Sun-dried Tomato and Spinach
Collard Greens and Bacon
Caramelized Onion and Chard Saute
Carrot Orange Souffle
Honey Sage Sweet Potato Pasta
Apple Cider-Sauce
Delicata Squash with Red Rice, Cranberries and Pecans
Maple-Orange Sweet Potato Souffle

Fall Menu Main Courses

Pumpkin Gnocchi with Walnut Cream Sauce
Turkey and Noodles
Acorn Squash and Chicken Sausage Cassoulet
Apple-Sage Roasted Chicken

Fall Soups
Coconut Curry Pumpkin Soup
Pumpkin, Lentil and Carrot Soup
Pumpkin White Cheddar Soup
Vegetable Soup, How to Make Broth-Based Soups
Cauliflower, Carrot and Greens Soup, How to Make Cream Soups
Fennel, Potato and Leek Soup
Carrot Soup with Coriander Two Ways

Other

Maple-Sage Reduction Sauce
Brown Butter Sage Sauce

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I want to come to your house for Thanksgiving! :) It has always been a favorite of mine as well (although I am a sucker for christmas I have to say).

When I married ito my husband's family they brought me a tradition that I loved - we all go around the table and say what we are thankful for - kiddos included. I love that. My family is always too busy to put there faces in the plates!

Anonymous said...

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday also for lot of shopping & that lovely dinner party.

Anonymous said...

Yes guys i am agree with you.Thanksgiving also favorite holiday for me & my family. my husband has promise me that he will arrange party for our anniversary through Thankgiving holiday.