Tuesday, October 23, 2007

An Italian Grandmother's Holiday

I took a couple days of "sanity leave" this past week. I used one day to clean house, and the other day was reserved for a pro bono project and some yard work. It rained. Hard. So, I did what I always like to do on a cold, rainy fall day. I made soup. And roasted potatoes, and applesauce, and ratatouille, and spinach in butter and parmesan, and steamed broccoli. And helped my husband with the beef roast braised in red wine. Oh, and I made an apple tart with rosemary-infused red wine caramel and Gorgonzola on a walnut crust. Then, we ate.

Coconut-Curry Pumpkin Soup

Beef Braised in Red Wine
Looking for these recipes? They will be part of an upcoming book with Ali at Cleaner Plate Club.

3 comments:

jen said...

you are such a badass.

Pat Yourell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pat Yourell said...

(Let's try again...)

That's exactly how I make Brasato al Barolo.

Minus the Barolo, plus the reasonably priced local table wine.

Good over mashed taters or polenta. Yum num.