Sunday, November 17, 2013

Hail Ceasar: Avocado Ceasar Salad

I have a longer-winded post to put here. It has to do with why I've suddenly begun focusing on ingredients that are natural powerhouses of anti-inflammatory goodness. I'll work my way back to that story. I'll get it together, right after I plan a few sides and a dessert for Thanksgiving!

Alrighty. This is lighter without the egg, and uses all healthy fats from avocado.



Avocado Ceasar Salad

For the dressing:
1 ripe avocado, peeled
2 lemons, juiced
1/2 cup avocado oil
4-6 anchovy filets
2-4 garlic cloves (depends on your threshold for garlicky)
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire
1 Tbs. white wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste

Blend this in the blender until creamy smooth and chill. The lemon juice and vinegar will hold the fresh, light green color.

4 hearts of Romaine lettuce, cleaned and chopped
2 oz. grated Parmesean
Tomatoes, if you like

Toss the salad greens with the dressing, garnish with the cheese and optional tomatoes. If you have leftover dressing, it will keep without turning brown, for a few days in the refrigerator.

No comments: