Sunday, September 14, 2008

Curried Eggplant and Long Beans


I finally decided the Thai eggplant wasn't too pretty to eat. Thing is, I don't love eggplant as much as I do other veggies. Thus, preparing it requires a lot of other flavors. I found a curry recipe for eggplant, peas and a red curry, and adapted this to the ingredients I had around, adding peanut butter and chili to the mix.

Curried Eggplant and Long Beans
Looking for this recipe? It will be part of an upcoming book with Ali at Cleaner Plate Club.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I love eggplant, and have ordered "Listada di Gandia" eggplant seeds for my garden this summer. I'll definitely come back to this recipe around January/February, B. I think I've printed out at least 10 recipes of yours, used them and then stuck them in my cookbook for reuse since stumbling upon your blog.

ExpatChef said...

I forgot the brown sugar, so I hope you have not printed it out yet! I was just headed to bed and remembered it. Crazy how the brain works. Recipe is up to date now!

Rochelle said...

Am trying out all kind of eggplant options as its a veg I love. Going to give this one a go soon. Have another curry recipe which calls for spices (masala, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, nutmeg, etc.) to be toasted first (without oil), then add a little oil and eggplant before all the other ingredients (onion, tomatoes, potatoes). I find the flavour much stronger and the eggplant soaks up all the lovely spices when done like this.