Sunday, March 08, 2009

Waiting

I am waiting to get sick. Every time the kiddo gets a bug from school, I can count on it, too. Because, you see, I don't just get coughed on. No. I get the rollover in the night, power blast of germs not on my nose, but up my nose. All night long. It's one of those mom fringe benefits along with being up every two hours and getting very far behind at work.

Still, the little ones are so sad, so tired, and such a bundle of need, there's no way you could turn your back on them — even when they are coughing. On your face.

So, I wait. Get as much as I can done. And batten down the hatches.

3 comments:

Chiot's Run said...

OH, I hope you miss it this time. You should try neti pot, it really helps me not get sick much (that and Dr Weil's Immunity Booster mushroom capsules).

Unknown said...

Mine has barfed on me three times in the past three days. So I'm right there with you.

Bharti said...

Don't wait! If I wait, I ALWAYS fall sick. I've resorted to talking to myself and making up mind that I will not fall sick.
Even if I do end up sick, it's with such a positive attitude :-)