Thursday, July 16, 2009

Nightmare from the Cereal Aisle


Wow. Is it just me, or does the little dude look completely deranged and possessed? He should really seek some professional help to get down off that sugar high that requires a giant spoon.

Here's what we do for cereal. We buy the great big boxes of plain oat cereal or some organic brand from a big box store or bulk bin. Then, store the cereal in bins, without the labels. Cereal is just cereal. No licensed characters waiting to lure my child into a sugar frenzy.

Because it is just cereal we're buying.

3 comments:

Patrick said...

I eat a bowl of cereal every night before bed and I'm flabbergasted at what passes for cereal!

Arr said...

I also buy the big boxes or bags of ceral and store them in my plastic containers. I have been known to take the front panel of a name brand cereal box and place it in the container, so as to fool my brand conscious husband.

underthebigbluesky said...

And we wonder why kids aren't concentrating in schools???

I do have to say that coming out of the grocery tonight I noticed Spongebob Squarepants on a bin of watermelons. At least their marketing that somewhat in the right direction.