Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Peanut Recalls Top 1800, But Who Would Eat Some of It?

The peanut product recall has just topped 1800 products. You can view the whole updated list here. I just scanned it.

As I looked at the items under "Candy," I have to wonder.

Who would eat some of these items on the list:
Bear Poop
Bear Scat
Buffalo Chips
Chicken Coop Poop
Cow Patties
Cow Pies
Deer Droppings
Goo Goo
Moose Droppings
Osprey Poop
Prairie Dog Pebbles

It all, excuse the pun, sounds like sh*t to me.

4 comments:

Chiot's Run said...

I find pretty much any candy but good quality chocolate to be"s***"

Expatriate Chef said...

I am with you there! Dark chocolate!

Erica said...

Hey, I’m with the company that makes KIND Fruit + Nut Bars (www.kindsnacks.com). Just wanted to let you and your readers know that we are unaffected by the recall and completely safe to eat. Feel free to drop us a line at kind ebliss@kindsnacks.com with any questions. Thanks!

Expatriate Chef said...

Erica, I can only imagine how hard it is for ethical food manufacturers to deal with consumers avoiding all peanut butter items. It was the completely the fault of one processing plant. That's a huge safety issue with a centralized food system such as we have.