Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Humbled, But Not By Pie

I am sitting here eating my leftovers for lunch. 'Cause brown-bagging (actually re-usable blue flowered bagging) is a great way to save food money. Why, packing my lunch almost saves me enough to buy a gallon of gas. Hey, it counts. Boy, does it count.

Today's leftovers include Eggplant Caponata. Which is pretty tasty, but not my recipe. You see, nowhere in my tiny brain have I ever wondered, "What if I put cocoa powder, red chili flakes, eggplant and RAISINS together?"

Nope. I had to consult Mario Batali for that genius. I've never had eggplant as good. I have so far to go as a chef. Yet, that's a good thing. There is so much to be discovered yet.

Other things to do with Eggplant (which is now in season):
Stuffed Peppers with Eggplant and Zucchini
Vegetable Parmigiano
Ratatouille

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Which cookbook? I gotta try that, B!