Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Stuffed Squash


You would think we would be sick of squash by now, but quite the opposite. I feel like I am just warming up to new ideas for this versatile ingredient. I am also interested in trying all the varieties and flavors. The ones pictured here are Sweet Dumplings. They are similar in shape to an acorn, but smaller and more colorful. The flesh is light and sweet. Very good for just roasting and eating as well as for this recipe.

Stuffed Squash
Looking for this recipe? It will be part of an upcoming book with Ali at Cleaner Plate Club.

1 comment:

katiez said...

I'm going to be stuffing some squash in about 10 minutes... I picked all of the acorn today, 2 more big enough for stuffing, 7 not; so for roasting. Then it's on to the butternuts, and finally the pumpkin. We'll be orange!
I like the idea of lentils in the squash soup!