Sunday, September 16, 2007

Need Some Good News?

I sure do. After a week of flu, chest cold and allergies all together, I'd like a little dose of happy. For those of us concerned about toys, there are options. Here's a site where you can find a lot of clothes and toys that are US-made for the holidays.

As far as Iraq goes, few of us can think there is good news there, the best bit we can hold onto is that it is on the table for getting our troops home, and the tide is turning away from this conflict. I like this column from Mark Morford that sums up my thoughts.

Further, I am hoping in the wake of this administration is the wake up call we all need to be more watchful of what our country is doing and participate fully. It's time to clean house. The good news that I have learned here is that I have choices, even if my politicians are so far removed from them, I can and will act locally and as a consumer to buy local food, and buy US-made goods as much as possible. I realize that I do have choices and these do make a difference.

1 comment:

Deborah Dowd said...

Thanks so much for the link to this site. Maybe all this contamination will result in people turning back to American-made goods that will also help our economy! P.S. I also agree with your comment on blogging at Epi-Blog- it is the "non-pro" bloggers that provide such a rich environment for food!