Friday, August 10, 2007

The Meaning in Life

I was all fired up on Thursday to do a good "13" rant, just had to stop by my sister's and see my nephews first — and survive another evening of Terrible Twos. I wasn't going to go. Finally, I figured, aw, what the hell, maybe we need a change of scenery and off we went.

The Terrible Twos vanished in a moment as my child found herself passed between four older, and adoring, cousins. She was entertained, carried, and doted on in general. And, basking in it. I felt my insides relax. The evening found Kiddo and I, her four cousins, my sister and brother-in-law, and a couple other kids around the family table.

We bowed our heads and said Grace. We laughed and ate together, talking about everything. It was what I call Happy Chaos. I love this, I love the family table, even when I found it as a stranger in a strange land and was welcomed there. Happy Chaos is universal bliss.

I thought, sitting there, "This is it. This is the dream. This is what matters." And the rant just vanished.

2 comments:

jen said...

i love meals like this and times like this. lovely post.

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

Happy Chaos is a wonderful phrase.