Monday, July 16, 2007

Blackberry Wine (Sauce)

Sometimes recipes just happen. I got a pint of blackberries at the market, saved a lemon from a recipe earlier in the day, and at dinner, I was eyeing the last half cup of Mouvredere wine in the bottle, thinking, "yeah, that flavor is right." Our guests brought chocolate ice cream.

So, all that remained was for me to jump up, grab the wine and run to the kitchen. Which I did, and it all came together in a wonderful dessert sauce.

Looking for this recipe? It will be part of an upcoming book with Ali at Cleaner Plate Club.

2 comments:

katiez said...

I trust you - I put Balsamic and pepper on strawberries...
The sauce sounds divine... for me, vanilla ice cream, or, maybe homemade peach ice cream....

Shauna said...

I actually made the sauce (lemon juice, port wine, honey, pepper), and added blackberries after the sauce was already reduced and heated through until the blackberries were soft but still had structure. served the berries over warm brie with chocolate bread. fantastic end to a meal. truly brilliant. thanks!