Thursday, April 12, 2007

Soyccatash


It's colorful, at least. We've had some gray, cold and rainy days so I am trying to console myself in case the farmers market is a fridgid wasteland this weekend. Three nights in the 'teens could have killed all my hopes for fresh spring greens and asparagus. I hope not.

On the outside chance, I can at least make this dish using mostly frozen veggies. It's a variation of succotash. The thing that I changed is using soy beans (edamame) and the amount of edamame in proportion to corn. I also doubled the amount of red pepper. The edamame and red pepper are the healthiest veggies in the mix, and they are the ones my kiddo likes the best.

Soyccatash
Looking for this recipe? It will be part of a book co-authored with Ali of Cleaner Plate Club.

No comments: