Thursday, March 29, 2007

Blogs that Make Me Think

Hey, I got tagged. Many thanks to Frugal Mom who has designated this blog to be one that makes her think. As part of my new honor, I am tasked with identifying five worthy blogs that make me think and awarding them. With 57 million blogs out there, the real problem is getting it down to five! But here goes:

First and second awards go along with a big thank you to Jen Maiser both for her Life Begins at 30 (I LOVE that url although I would say life just gets better at 40) and for her starting the Eat Local Challenge site. This site has been mentioned in Time magazine twice, most recently in the cover issue on buying local foods. I was lucky enough to bump into her in the huge online world, and luckier for her to deem me worthy to participate in the challenge site as one of the 60-plus authors. It's been a remarkable experience. Thank you so much, Jen.

Not that she needs more promotion, but Heidi Swanson's is a great reminder to me to create simple, healthy recipes from whole foods. It inspires me and reaffirms my commitment to eating local, fresh and healthy.

Mother Talkers. All of them. Not only does the site cover far more than just parent topics, this communal blog is the most supportive community I have ever encountered. The site allows you to rate comments, but no one does it. They can't imagine why you would want to do that when you can just talk and share. It's that good.

A recent find is Scribbit. I think she defines the true spirit of mom blogging. She created a mom blog specific search engine and offers it free to all who want it. Her site is a mix of recipes, tips, lists and creative ideas, and humor.

I could keep going on. There are so many good writers and good sites. Finding them amidst the chaos is not always easy, but having such a huge library at one's fingertips is an amazing gift.

Now, it's back to the series I've been working on! Part II of the Food Marketing to Your Child is nearly complete and will be up tonight.


scribbit said...

Thank you so much, that's very kind of you. I'm glad you like the blog, I'll have to check out the others you've nominated.

Frugal Mom said...

I hadn't heard of the 101 cookbook one. I love it. Thanks for the link.

The Expatriate Chef said...

You are welcome. Thanks again for the tagging, FM!!!

I like the 101 site because she covers a lot of different books. It's sad but I have to confess I have nearly 200 cookbooks ... some I have never used. Are there ever enough hours in the day? Nope, not at all!

The Expatriate Chef said...

Scribbit, THANK you for the search tool and for all your efforts to make the blogging world a friendly one. You are much appreciated!