Monday, November 20, 2006

What's Cooking in "The Kitchen" for Thanksgiving

Hey, we’re cooking! In a surprise move, the big family dinner will be on Friday due to a football game, so The Kitchen is open on Thursday and we are having friends to dinner who have no other family in town and are stuck with us! Lucky them. Here’s what’s on the menu with links to recipes, some are my own:

Roast Turkey

Cranberry-Balsamic Reduction Sauce (recipe not yet created, I wing it a lot in the kitchen)

Sweet Potato Gratin with Aged Gouda, Sage and Thyme

Mashed New Potatoes with Parmesean (3 lbs. potatoes, ½ cup cream, ½ cup parm)

Fresh Green Beans sautéed with Shallots and Roasted Tomatoes
(you don't really need this one written down, do you? Let me know if you do)

Carrot Souffle

Apple-Cider-Sauce

French Bread Stuffing with Sausage, Apples, Cranberries and Sage
(adapted from Gourmet, use local sausage already made, add cranberries)

Biscuits with Local Honey

Vanilla Sweet Potato Pie with Butter Pecan Crust

Local ingredients to be used include: sweet potatoes, thyme, sage, rosemary, cream, milk, eggs, sausage, pecans, honey, and butter.

Have a happy and safe holiday!

1 comment:

mamagotcha said...

Hi, and thanks for the visit and stuffing recommendation... I'll definitely give it a look! I'm also a local eater... although I must sheepishly admit it was WAAAY easier when I lived in Davis, CA! I linked to you, if that's OK, and I'll be dropping in now and again to see what you're up to. Happy Thanksgiving and may your sauces never scorch!